5.12.2009

For Luna:: Para Luna

Have I ever told you how much I love to sew? Well, I do! Unfortunately I have not really sewn much since little A was born. My poor little sewing machine has been sitting all alone on my sewing table surrounded by plenty of non-sewing related things. But this past weekend the table was cleared and the cover was taken off, the peddle began to peddle away, and the needle began to sew. And once I began, I could not stop!
:: Alguna vez les conte como me gusta coser? Muchísimo! Desafortunadamente desde que nació mi linda A, casi no lo he echo. Mi pobre maquina de coser se la lleva arriba de la mesa rodeada de cosas que no tienen nada que ver con la costura. Pero este fin de semana limpie la mesa, quite la cobertura a la maquina y empece a coser. Y una vez que empece a coser, ya no pude parar.



The plan was to make little Luna a quilt. Then I realized (having never made a quilt before) that trying to sew a quilt in a week (and on top of that get ready for our trip to California) was just plain crazy. Then as I was browsing through my daily read of blogs I saw the sweet play set that Soulemama had made for Adelaide and thought: What a perfect gift for little Luna! I can just see her playing with it for hours while in the hospital and then when she leaves the hospital she can continue playing with it at home. So I made her one. Thank you Amanda for the great idea!
:: El plan ere coser le una quilta a la linda Luna, pero con eso de que nunca he cosido una quilta me di cuenta que estaba loca si planeaba cocerla en una semana (y a la misma vez empacar y prepar me para mi vieja a California). Entonces cuando visitaba el blog de Soulemama me encanto el juegito que le iso a su hija. En ese instante pensé que seria perfecto hacerle uno a L para que juegue con el mientras esta en el hospital y después cuando regrese a su casa. Gracias Amanda por la gran idea!


But once I was done with Luna's play set I had to continue sewing. And so the sewing continued and I made lots and lots of things I had planned to make and had not.
:: Al terminar el juegito tuve las ganas de seguir cosiendo. Cosí muchas cositas que ya tenia tiempo de ganas de hacer.



A few bag organizers for my bag. (I was tired of using zip-lock bags to keep all my contents in order. This is much earth friendly.)
:: Bolisitas para organizar mi panalera. (Ya estaba cansade de guardar todas mis cositas de la panalera en bolsitas de plastico. Ademas estas son mas agradables para la madre tierra.)


Aprons and more aprons! Some for my little ones which they loved and would not take off for bedtime. That makes mami very contenta (happy). And some as gifts.
:: Mandiles y mas mandiles! Unos para mis nenes, a quienes le gustaron tanto que no se los querian quitar a la hora de dormir. Eso puso a mami muy contenta. Y otros cuantos para regalo.

My dear Sewing Machine. I promise not to put you away!
:: Mi querida Maquina. Prometo no guardarte!

***
By the way little Luna is doing much better. We did find out that her tumor was malignant (a very bad one) but they were able to remove it all during the surgery. She is now recovering and once she is ready, her chemo therapy will begin. I will be leaving to California to spend some time with my best friend while she is going through this tough time. I will keep you updated as I can. I will not have access to the internet much and will only be taking my i pod touch. SO bare with me if all you get is words and no photos. I will try my best.
Por cierto, la pequeña Luna esta mucho mejor. El diagnostico del tumor fue lo que no esperamos...maligno (uno de los tumores mas malos que hay), pero afortunadamente se lo pudieron sacar todo durante la operación. Ahora esta en recuperación y una vez que este lista empezara la quimioterapia. Saldré a California para acompañar a mi amiga en estos tiempos tan difíciles que esta pasando. Solo llevare con migo mi i pod touch, por lo cual tratare de tenerlos al tanto aunque sea sin fotos.

***
On another note my dear blogger friend Julie has partnered with Jeana and have started Delicate Reflections week in Flickr (you can read more about it here). I leave you with a couple of pictures I have posted.
:: Otra notita: Mi amiga blogera Julie y una amiga de ella han comenzado la semana de Reflecciones Delicadas en Flickr (pueden leer mas aqui). Aqui les dejo unas fotos que incluí en el grupo.


If you like to see more of my photos in Flicker (click here).
::Si quieres ver mas de mis fotos en flickr (has click aqui).

1 comment:

  1. sigues cosiendo???? ojalá que sí... se puede volver adictivo y se pasa el tiempo muuuy rápido cuando estás frente a la máquina de coser, pero siempre te deja una sensación de satisfacción tremenda! saludos!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.