6.08.2009

Our Garden :: Nuestro Jardin

After being gone for about four weeks I was excited to find so many great things in my garden. Before I left it looked like this:
:: Después de estar de viaje por casi cuatro semanas llegue a casa a encontrar nuestro jardín de verduras repleto de plantitas. Antes de irme se veía a si:


And now it looks like this.
:: Ahora se ve a si.



It's amazing how fast it has grown. Including weeds. Oh, yes, lots of them! We dedicated all Sunday afternoon in weeding out the garden. Even the little ones joined in. They loved it! And I, hated the allergies, but survived and the outcome is great. I can't wait till we get fresh veggies out of our own garden! So awesome!
:: Es increíble cuanto a crecido. Incluyendo las yerbas. Hay si, muchísimas! Nos dedicamos toda la tarde del Domingo en jalar todas las yerbas del jardín. Hasta los nenes nos ayudaron y como les gusto. Espero con ansias el día que este repleto de verduras listas para comer.






Little R was so excited while we were were weeding. He kept on asking if he could eat some of the plants. I finally gave in and pulled some fresh lettuce (still young, but ready to eat) and both he and A loved eating it.
:: Mientras limpiavamos el jardín, mi peque R me seguía pidiendo comer de las plantas. Por fin me di por vencida y jale poca lechuga (aunque un poco tierna, pero si se podía comer), se las di a los peques y ellos fascinados. Le gusto mucho.


As you can see we planted lots and lots of tomatoes plants. Some roma and some (what I call) plump sandwich tomatoes. I am going to have to learn how to can! Yup, I sure am. Any tips anyone? I'll take them all!
:: Como pueden ver plantamos muchos, pero muchísimas plantas de tomates. Algunas de Roma y otras (a las que yo les llamo) tomates gorditos para sándwich. Definitivamente tendré que aprender a enlatar tomates. Sip, que si! Algunas sugerencias? Todas son bienvenidas!

I can't wait to make lots of spagetti sauce, different type of Mexican salsitas (salsas) and also dry some of them. Lots to look forward to.
:: Pronto estare preparando salsa para espagetti, differentes tipos de salsitas mexicanas y tambien planeo secar unos cuantos tomates. Que padre!


2 comments:

  1. wow!!! vas a tener una muy buena cosecha!!!!! la ventaja con los tomates es que puedes hacer puré y si no tienes anvases para hacerlos en conserva, los puedes conjelar y los vas usando conforme los vas necesitando!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely garden and blog! and very sweet of you to have both English and Spanish...sometimes the blog translator program doesn't do a very good job! Thanks for entering my giveaway today :) best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.