1.24.2013

A New Sewing Desk ♥ Un Nuevo Escritorio Para Coser

I'd been searching, and searching, and searching...for a new sewing desk.  I wanted something sturdy made with real wood (I'm really trying to keep away from laminate and plastic.) I wanted something long enough to fit my serger and sewing machines.  I wanted something that would fit just right under a dormer window in our craft studio.  I wanted something nice to look at.  By jolly, I wanted something that I did not have to sand, paint and work on, because I have plenty of other projects waiting to be worked on.)  And most importantly I wanted something priced reasonable.  So the searched continued.

Tenia tiempo buscando y buscando un escritorio para mis maquinas de costura.  Buscaba un escritorio fuerte y echo de madera.  Uno lo suficientemente largo para que cupieran mi maquina de coser y mi maquina de over lock.  Uno que cupiera exactamente debajo de la ventana en nuestro estudio.  Y también una pieza bonita para ver.  Y mas que nada, quería una pieza que no tuviese que arreglar, pintar y nada por el estilo (pues ya tengo mas que suficientes proyectos por terminar.) .Pero mas que nada queria encontrar un escritorio a buen precio.  Y la búsqueda continuaba. 

Then a couple of days ago I found this:

Y hace un par de días encontré esto:


Oh I love it! It is perfect for my sewing space.  At first I wasn't sure about the color because I was trying to keep most furniture in the craft studio white and airy, but I think I'm liking it more and more each day.  I love how it makes the soft aloe-vera green wall pop more.   Don't you agree?  Now I just need to find the perfect chair to go with it. 

¡Me encanta! Esta perfecto para mi espacio de costura.  Al principio como que el color no me convecina mucho, pues planeaba mantener los muebles del estudio de arte blancos, pero creo que con los días me va gustando mas y mas.   Hace que la pared color verde savila resalte mas.  ¿Estas de acuerdo?


I also like all the drawers it has.  Perfect to organize a lot of my sewing stuff.  And those cubbies are great to put all the vintage (and new) trims and bias tape.  I love how all the colors just pop!

También me encantan todos los cajones que tiene para guardar todas mis cositas de costura.  Y esas cubículos pequeños son perfectos para  guardar todas mis cintas sesgadas y encajes.  Los colores lucen tan bonitos contra el negro. 

 There's also this great shelf I can put my thread stand on and other lovely pieces I love...

También atrás tiene un estante perfecto para poner todos mis hilos y otras cositas que amo...


Like my grandmother's photo (after all she's the main reason I started sewing.)  A lovely little art piece by Sabrina Vincent of Slov,  and the inspirational board I made a while back.  Remember? (To make one click here.)

Como el retrato de mi abuela (quien fue la primera que me inspiro a aprender a coser.) Y un dibujo por Sabrina Vincent de Slov, y el tablero de inspiración que hice hace tiempo.  ¿Te acuerdas? (Pare ver como lo hice has click aquí.)


Yes I love my new sewing desk.

Si me gusta mi escritorio para costura nuevo.

Happy Day! ♥ ¡Feliz Día!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.