9.25.2009

a peek :: una miradita

Of what I've finished so far for A's room.
:: De lo que he terminado asta ahora para la recamara de A.

...one of the several pillow I have made for her (reusing the inside of old pillows I already had). The white one was mine when I was a teenager and the rocking chair cushion my mom made. She also made the one it had before when it was in Ri's room. This chair holds some very special bonding moments. I have nursed, hugged, squeesed, and inhaled some delicious baby smells on this rocking chair. Now it has become one of our favorite reading spots.
::...esta es uno de los varios cojines que le he cosido (usando la parte de adentro de cojines viejos). El blanco era mio de cuando era adolescente y el cojín de la poltrona mi mama lo cosió. También cosió el que tenia antes, cuando la poltrona estaba en la recamara de Ri. Muchos lindos recuerdos han pasado en esta poltrona. En ella amamante a mis dos nenes. Ahora es uno de nuestros lugares favoritos para leer.

The first set of curtains I made for her windows. I used the fabric I had on hand, but I wasn't happy with the end result. So I made a second pair...
:: El primer par de cortinas que le cosí. No me gustaron y pues le cosí un segundo par...

...and loved them!
::...y me encantaron!

Here's a close up of the cute little polka dots.
:: Aquí se ven mejor los puntitos.


What do you think? Do you like it so far? And isn't that blue on the walls just beautiful and peaceful? It took me several trials to get just the right color.
:: Que tal? Te gusta hasta ahora? Y que tal el azul de las paredes, no esta lindo? Me tomo tiempo para poder encontrar el color exacto.

4 comments:

  1. i love it! it looks beautiful. and i'm sure she loves it too. :) you're a good mami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me encanta lo que estás haciendo!! es una buena idea reusar el relleno de cojines viejos... yo lo he hecho y ahorras un dinerito, verdad? las segundas cotinas también me gustan más, te quedaron super lindas, muy femeninas y delicadas! que tengas un lindo fin de semana!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I only had a 1/4 of your talent! Que lindo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.