1.04.2010

a handmade christmas

I am happy to be back and ready to share many wonderful things with you. To start off the week, I will begin with what I made, but later in the week I would also love to share with you how our bicultural home celebrates the Christmas holiday season. I know this might be a bit late, but after reading so many wonderful stories in Spanglish Baby, I am inspired! So please bare with me. =)
Estoy contenta de estar de regreso y lista para compartir tantas lindas cosas con ustedes. Para empezar la semana me gustaría enseñarles todo lo que hice a mano, pero luego durante la semana me gustaría contarles como nuestra combina nuestras dos culturas para celebrar la temporada Navideña. Se que esto es un poco tarde, pero despues de leer tantas lindas historias en Spanglish Baby , estoy inspirada! Es que por favor aguanten me! =)

This year pretty much every gift given was handmade with lots and lots of love, with the exception of my little ones and hubby. Why is that? I just ran out of time! But no problem, they get mami to make them things through out the year. Now it just can't get better than that, right?
:: Esta Navidad casi todos los regalos que dimos fueron echo a mano y con mucho, mucho amor, con la excepción de mis nenes y esposo. Por que sera que suele a suceder a si? No me alcanzo el tiempo! Pero no importa, pues ellos disfrutan de las cosas que les hago durante todo el año! Y les encantan!

Here are some of the gifts I made:
Aquí unos cuantos de los regalos que hice:

For the babies. Fleece blankies to keep them warm at night.
Para los bebes, cobijitas para mantenerlos calientitos durante las noches frias.


For the older kids. Pencil/Crayon rolls and personalized blank books to let their creativity flow! (I also made some for A and Ri! They got theirs while mami was making the rest. I guess I did make little somethings for them. Ha!)
Para los nenes mas grandes, rollos donde para guardar sus lapices de colores y crayolas, y cuadernos en blanco personalizados. (También les hice unos a A y Ri, se los di mientras terminaba los demás. Miren que si les hice algunas cositas. Ja!)

Tomorrow... a little more handmade gifts.
Mañana...mas regalos echo a mano.

2 comments:

  1. Que belleza! Me encantan tus crafts! Me fascinan los portacreyones!!
    Yo hago unas cobijitas parecidas, no las hice para regalar, solo para mi hijo y para l;a futura bebé. pronto las pondré en el blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I wish I saw this earlier - you did exactly what I wished I did this christmas - but ran out of time! Next year - it's all handmade for us - thanks so much for these beautiful pics and ideas! You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.