1.05.2010

more handmade gifts

Since my mother-in-law requested for some hand towels, I decided most of the family ladies would get handmade Christmas towels. And that is exactly what I made. They were a hit. Now I need to pick up a little more of that diaper fabric (what I used for the bottom part of the towels- nice and sturdy and it can really take lots of washes) and make my self a few.
Con eso de que mi suegra me pidió que le hiciera unas toallas navideñas para la cocina, decidí precisamente regalarles lo mismo a todas las demás mujeres de la familia. Les encantaron. Ahora solo falta comprar un poco mas de la tela para pañales que compre (pues es mas resistente) para poderme hacer unas cuantas para mi.

For my sweet friend Lucia who loves to write (and I am trying to convince to start her own blog), I made a journal cover with her initial embroidered. She loved it.
Para mi linda amiga Lucia a quien le gusta escribir mucho (y la cual estoy tratando de convencer de que escriba su propio blog), le hice un forro para sus diarios. Le encanto.

I realized I still have one more gift to make...a Jedi costume requested by my sweet nephew, who loved the one he borrowed from Ri this past Halloween. So, I still have a little more sewing to finish up and we are already on 2010! Ha! Here is a picture of the one I made Ri and A two Halloweens ago.
Me he dado cuenta que todavía tengo un regalo por hacer...un disfraz de Jedi para mi querido sobrino. Me pidió que le hiciera uno después de usar el de Ri este Halloween pasado. Es que todavía a trabajar, y ya es el 2010! Ja! Aquí les muestro unas cuantas fotos del que les hice a mis nenes hace dos años.

They both liked them, but truly the happiest of all was my hubby. He's the one that insisted I dressed both kids as Jedi, he especially insisted for A to dress as one. (According to him, A will never be a princess. Nope. She will be a hard-butt-kicking Jedi. Ahem!) How could I resist.
A los dos les gusto, pero en verdad el que quedo encantado fue mi maridin. Pues el fue el que insistió en que disfrazara a los nenes de Jedis, en especial a A (pues según el, A nunca sera un princesa, no ella sera una gran Jedi. Hijole!) Como resistir.

9 comments:

  1. verdaderamente estuviste ocupada esta temporada! las toallas de cocina siempre son bien recibidas, pero esos disfraces, qué bárbara te quedaron chidísimos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You are so talented.

    Those costumes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay no! Dios mío...que es eso! Cutest little Jedis I´ve ever seen! So just to answer curious little you, we live in Cuernavaca (Ciudad de la eterna primavera), close to Mexico City. Used to be a calm city to live in. Now we´re on the news...well the whole country is, right? I´ve always wanted to leave, not enough going on for me, but over a year ago I found my calling here, and, yep, I´m happy! (when I need more goin´on, I just blog... for now, jijiii) Un abrazo! Clau

    ReplyDelete
  4. que les digo...a mi también me encantaron. los hice a si sin patrón (bueno excepto la camisa de Ri- use un patrón para disfraz de karate. Todo lo de mas lo hice tomando medidas de mis nenes y usando como guía ropa que ya tenían. Y bueno ese fue el resultado. A Ri todavía le gusta usar el de el!

    Claudia- Cuernavaca is a place I would love to visit. I've been and lived in other parts of Mexico, and really every time I have, I don't want to come back! I love Mexico and its people (and yes my familia as well)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a give, miss! And the jedi babes are scrumptious! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative. I used to be a total scrapbooker and handmade cardmaker, more kids I had, less time to do the extras. Your towels are beautiful. I love the Jedi costumes, we are a die hard Star Wars family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable!

    www.lacosmopolatina.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que hermoso, I love handcraft but I don't have any talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Glad to have found you...

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.