1.27.2010

a lovely wedding :: una linda boda

This was my baby sister's wedding. I can't believe it has been just about seven months since she got married! (and I can't believe I never posted the photos, until I started searching through old posts today. Oops!) So here they are, as promised...
Esta fue la boda de mi hermana menor. Apenas puedo creer que ya casi han pasado siete meses desde que se caso! (y a penas puedo creer que nunca hice post las fotos, hasta que me di cuenta hoy cundo estaba buscando un post viejo. Hijole, no!) Es que a qui están, como se los había prometido...


The lovely couple. :: La linda pareja.




Center piece arrangements we made. Can you believe my baby sister and a couple of our cousins, woke up in the break of dawn to pick up flowers from the LA flower district, the day before her wedding? And LA is about an hour and a half away from my parent's house!!:: Los arreglos de centro de mesa, que hicimos. Pueden creer que mi hermana y un par de primas, madrugaron para hir a comprar las flores al centro de Los Angeles, el dia antes de su boda? Y el centro de Los Angeles queda como a una hora y media de la casa de mis papas!!!





My sister's bouquet. It was heavy! :: El ramo de mi hermana. Super pesado, eh.


My lovely (and very crafty) mom, working on the flower girl dresses. (Little A was one of them.) :: My linda (y talentosa) mama, trabajando en los bestidos de las damitas. (My pequeña A fue una de ellas.)




One of the party favors. An aunt of mine baked all the cookies ( a traditional Mexican wedding cookie) and my baby sister made every single label by hand. :: Uno de los regalitos para los invitados. Una tía hizo las galletitas tipicas de Mexico para las bodas y mi hermanita hizo todas las tarjetitas a mano.



It was a lovely wedding indeed. Simple, yet very elegant. An outdoor affair. Everyone had a hand in all the decorations (m0m, sisters, cousins, aunt, and many more familia), but the greatest credit goes to my baby sister herself. She did a wonderful job overlooking every little detail: From the wedding invitations (she hand made herself), to the the flowers bouquets we made the night before (for the brides maids and center piece decorations).
Una linda boda de verdad. Sencilla, pero super elegante. Al aire libre. Todos ayudaron con todas las decoraciones (mama, hermanas, tías, primas y mas familia), pero el mayor merito le va a mi hermanita menor. Pues se dedico a ver cuidadosamente cada detalle. Desde las invitaciones que ella misma hizo, hasta la manera de cuidar que todos los arreglos de flores (para los ramos de las damas, ella y los centros de mesas) salieran impecables, mientras las hermanas y las primas los hacían.

(As you can see, crafting is in my blood!)
(Como pueden ver todo eso de las manualidades, crear y coser...lo traigo en la sangre!)

A handmade wedding indeed.
Una boda hecha a mano, definitivamente.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, now I see why you are so crafty.

    I SO love how everyone helped with the wedding.

    It reminds me of mine. A wedding takes so much work, but with everyones help it turns out to be so special and filled with so many memories,not just wedding memories but also preparation memories.

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.