4.06.2009

I can say "Hola!"

I have been a member of my local mom's club for about two years now. And though I love it and all the mamis involved, there really aren't any mamis that are Latinas (Well, maybe one more mami other than myself). Despite the fact, I always (or at least 99% of the time) speak Spanish to my kids. Many mamis where interested in knowing I was raising my kids bilingual and many then began to mention they would love for their kids to learn an second language. In particular one mami who is married to a Latino, but he does not speak any Spanish to his girls. I gave a lot of thought to this and came up with I can say "Hola!" A class where the little ones can learn Spanish words through music, story time and crafts. I shared with the only other mami Latina in the group the idea and she loved it. Then I introduced it to the president and she agreed. I am happy to say we are on our third month of I can say "Hola!" and the turn out has been amazing. At first we had a handful of mamis and kids and this month we have a full house (literaly!). I am very excited. In fact I need to start getting my house ready and rearranging furniture to fit everyone tomorrow. I also need to finish working on the lesson plan. Ha.
:: Ya tengo mas de dos años como miembro de el grupo de mamas local. Es un grupo que me fascina y las mamis que toman parte también. Des afortunadamente no hay (mas que yo y otra mama) mamas latinas. A pesar de esto, yo les hablo a mis nenes Español todo el tiempo (o por lo menos un 99%). A muchas mamas les intereso el que yo estuviera enseñándole a mis niños ambos idiomas y muchas me comentaron que les gustaría que sus niños también hablaran otro idioma. Pensé en estos comentarios y fue cuando tuve la idea de crear I can say "Hola!" Una clase donde los niños pueden aprender palabras en español por medio de música, baile, lectura, y manualidades. Le conté de mi idea a la única otra mama latina en el grupo y le gusto. Después le presente la idea a la presidenta del grupo y estuvo de acuerdo. Estoy contenta de anunciar que estamos en el tercer mes de I can say "Hola!". Al principio teníamos pocos mamis e hijos, pero este mes tenemos casa llena (literalmente). Estoy super emocionada. Hijole, tengo que irme a limpiar la casa y acomodar muebles para que todos quepan. También a terminar la lección se ha dicho! Jajaja.

For now I will share with you more pictures I've taken of spring sprouting around us. How I love spring and how I hate allergies!
:: Por lo tanto las dejo con mas fotos que he tomado de la primavera. Como me gusta la primavera, pero como odio las alergias!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.