6.06.2010

a tourist in miami :: turistiando en miami







One of the things that I loved most about Miami was the beach. There is just something about digging your feet in the warm sand, sun hitting your body and the cool breeze of the ocean floating in the air. The water. What beautiful clear blue water. Nice and cool. How I loved the beach.
Una de las cosas que mas me encanto de Miami fue su playa. Que ricura sentir la arena entre los dedos de los pies, el sol caliente rosando la cara y el aire fresco del mar flotando por el aire. El agua. Que preciosa, tan cristalina y azul.





The buildings are also amazing. As you look around you know you are in Miami, just by looking at the architecture. Colorful yet soothing colors everywhere. South Beach is full of them.
Los edificios también están increíble. Al ver a tu alrededor sabes al instante que estas en Miami por su arquitectura. Todo colorido, pero a la vez los colores son suave y tranquilos. South Beach esta lleno de ellos.




I hope that in the near future I am able to go back and this time with family in tow. That way I can truly explore and experience life in Miami.
Espero algún día pueda regresar con toda mi familia, para a si poder explorar y conocer en verdad como es la vida de Miami.

Have you been to Miami? What is your favorite part, place, thing about Miami?
Has visitado Miami? Cual parte, lugar o cosa es tu favorita de Miami?

***
On another note. Remember my unexpected shopping spree? Well, I got to Miami but somehow my luggage was sent to Chicago. Yea I know, you are probably thinking: Why didn't she take a carry on? I did (or so I thought) until they told me it was to big to carry it on the plane. Agh!. I even teased with my husband saying, "Wouldn't it be funny if the fist time I don't have an extra change of clothe with me they loose my luggage?" I totally jinks my self. So you see I had nothing to wear, but what I had on, and that evening I had a media/blogger dinner to attend for the Que Rica Vida event. Fortunately I arrived to Miami early enough that I was able to go to a nearby Ross, where I found the dress (and another cute one as well. Shhh, don't tell the hubby. Wait, he reads this. Darn). The fun red patten leather Itialian wedges I got at this really cute chic shoe shop called Taha Shoes in Bayside Market place. The prices in there were well, high, and I was lucky enough to find them on sale. Yey! And like my comadre Lucia said, "It's not every day you get to do that." Darn right! Ha. So I also picked up some coordinating jewelry from one of the smaller outdoor vendors. Four beautiful glass pendants and necklace.
Cambiando de tema un poco. Recuerdan que les conté de mis compras inesperadas? Pues todo sucedió cuando yo llegue a Miami y mi equipaje no (andaba por Chicago). Ya se lo que has de estar pensando: Por que no se llevo una maletita extra con ropa de emergencia en el avión? Claro que si. Bueno eso creía hasta que me dijeron que mi maleta estaba muy grande para poder subirla al avión. No! Con decirles que hasta bromee con mi esposo diciéndole, -No mas falta que ahora que no traigo mi maletita de emergencia me la pierdan.- Para que hable! Hay no, pues ni que ponerme y esa noche tenia que asistir a una cena para los medios y bloguers del evento Que Rica Vida, y la única ropa que tenia es la que traía puesta. Afortunadamente llegue a Miami con bastante tiempo. Me fui a una tienda que se llama Ross que quedaba cerca y encontré un lindo vestido (bueno dos, pero no le digan a mi maridin. Hay no, el lee el blog. Hijole, ni modo!) También encontre unos padrisimos zapatos Italianos de charol color rojo en una curiosa y elegante zapateria que se llama Taha en el Bayside Marketplace. Los precios estaban medio caritos, afortunadamente el par que compre estaba en especial. Yey! Y ademas como dijo mi Comadre Lucia, -No todos los días te pasa esto.- Muy cierto amiga! Jajaja. Y para finalisar el ensamble compre unos preciosos collares de vidrio y en uno de los puestesitos de afuera.






As requested by my Comadre Lucia, here is the dress I bought. I took this right before the event.
Aquí unas fotos del vestido que me pido mi Comadre
Lucia le enseñara. Las tome justo antes de la cena.


By the way, my adventure with disappearing luggage didn't stop there. They also lost in on my way back home.
A propósito, mi aventura con el equipaje perdido no termino ahí. Ah no. También me lo perdieron al regresar a casa.

Have you had any bad luck with your luggage being lost?
Alguna vez te ha pasado algo parecido?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the red heels! Your outfit was really cute! You looked HAWT!!!

    I would of totally freaked out without my luggage, you handled it with lots of style.

    The market place looked like such a nice place, I also hope I am able to go to Miami again with the family.

    Who knows? I might run into you guys there ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marcela, Now wouldn't that be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit. You make it sound almost fun to lose one's luggage. LOL ;)

    I couldn't stop taking photos of palm trees, too - and the water.... {sigh!} ... I miss that water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The luggage problem was weird, both ways!!!

    The beach was sooo nice and that shopping center looked really nice too, maybe this happened to you because you needed that little time to go shopping, jajaja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No puedo creer que te pasó eso con tu equipaje!! Pero te quedó precioso lo que compraste!

    Y cuando vengas a Miami avisame que estoy a sólo un paso ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I love to hear what you have to say, so leave me a comment. Let me know you've stopped by and then check back for my response. ♥ Me encanta escuchar lo que tienes que decir, es que déjame un comentario y después regresa para leer mi respuesta.